hello from PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozz

Junior
Reaction score
Hey everybody, just wanted to say hi. I'm new to wine making so i'm here to learn. I've been poking around a little and it seems like some intelligent people hang around here. I plan on adding to my profile as soon as I can but for now it's short and sweet. Anyone else from PA?

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. Have you made anything yet? Post up and let us know more about you.

Bozz, welcome to the Forum. I was born and raised in MD.

What wine are you going to start first?
smiley17.gif

Welcome aboard. Keep reading the past posts as there is a TON of information here. Have you started anything yet?

Hi Bozz,

Glad to have you here!!! I lived in Belle Vernon, Pa for 8 years before coming to Texas. Where are you?

Ramona

Hello,

I lived in Pa, just outside of philly in the pottstown area, What part are you hiding in?

Welcome.

thanks for the welcome. First off I'm in notheast PA, in the hazleton area. As far as my first wine I'm using a Wine expert kit. A black raspberry merlot. I'll be using kits until I get a little familiar with making wine. Alot of the "old timers" that I knew as a kid that would have helped me are starting to be a thing of the past. Now I have to go down a different road to learn the hobby. It seems like if I have questionssomeone here will sure have the answers. I'm looking forward to learning.

I'm not too far from you bozz, I'm in Staten Island, NY. I am also in the process of making the black raspberry merlot, just added the f-pack 2 days ago. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Welcome bozz.....Black Raspberry Merlot just sounds really good. Keep us Posted guys on how it turn out.

Welcome bozz....you will find this forum verry friendly and helpful. Rember there are no dumb questions so ask away

hey myway let me know how you like it when it's finished. I'm still in the primary.

Hey Bozz,

I'm from Central PA, near STate College. I'm more of a lurker but glad to see you here!!! Good luck with that first one.

DrtDoctor

HI BOZZ///I,am from south jersey just down the road aways and accross the bridge, sort to speak,but not that far,welcome aboard//
smiley20.gif

Hi Bozz, I just started also, I have made beer and apple jack before but just started my first batch also, Black raspberry Merlot. I am from Shamokin PA. right between you and Drt Doctor, mabey when we are all bottled up we could have a taste test hmm. good luck

Hiya northern winos!
last years (fall 2006) came out a little winey but very mello, I used champaigne yeast and got mabey 30% abv. This years so far perfect, almost single malt scotchy, I used turbo yeast and racked it off in 10 days, let it clear up a little, 5 more days, and jacked it. I let it settle once more then racked it into a heavy toast oak barrel. I got 45% abv and I think after another 2 months in the barrel I am gonna have one hell of an apple jack. I'll let you know this may 6th (my b-day) when I plan on having a drink or 2 or 3....

Latest posts

Back