Hello from Ontario Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecko

Junior
Reaction score
Bought a fast ferment cylindrical cone. Gonna try making first batch of wine ever. Since I'm a newbie I started with a wine kit from Costco just to see. Went to local wine supply shop learned a ton from them so far. They said my next step is to use the pails instead of kit and that they'll walk me through it.

Found this site a couple days ago and there's lots of knowledge here. Hope everything works out. IMG_1980.jpg

Hi Ecko, Welcome Yes as Trevor said Please do let us know.
I am also a beginner. I am 2 week into my first batch of wine.
It is Apple Cinnamon. So far so good.

After 10 days I changed and cleaned the collection ball. Kit said should do this and start secondary fermentation when SG reads 1.010 or lower. I got 0.990. I'm wondering if there will be any more fermenting during second fermentation? Should I still wait The 8 day recommendation before stabilizing and degassing. Or is it safe to start now? Kit says to degass and stabilize after secondary and SG 0.995. Also tried it. Was very pleasant to smell and had a nice taste. Just a bit fizzy from fermenting. I Think it's gonna turn out fine. this is the kit I'm trying out. IMG_1992.jpg

Ya I think I'll wait and follow the instructions to a tee. What I've learned so far is that patience is very important in this hobby.

IMG_2007.jpgbottled first batch. Going to age for a couple months. Turned out great. IMG_2003.jpg

Latest posts

Back