Hello from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSKOH

Reaction score
I just heard about this forum and have been reading some of the posts. Lots of great information.

I have been making wine for about 3 years. I didn't believe it had been that long until I checked the dates on my logs. Time does go fast. Started slow with kits and moved to grapes. Still have lots to learn!

Hello KSKOH and lovely to have you on our forum.

Whatever your skillset, we appreciate having you here..and look forward to your posts.

Allie

Glad to have another fellow 'Buckeye' on board - I am from west central Ohio north of Dayton. Enjoy this forum - it's a good one!

Welcome to our forum KS and gald to have you aboard, what do you have fermenting or aging and whats the fav in your house?

I currently have 6 gallons each of Vignoles and Vidal Blanc. They are clearing and should be ready to bottle in about a month. I also have 6 gallons each of Chamborcin, Steuben and a mix of Corot Noir / Noiret. The Steuben has been in MLF since Oct and should just about finished. The other two started MLF in January and have some time to go.

Grapes are so much more involved, have you given up completely on kits?

Also, do you do any fruit wines at all?

Allie

The local wine club helps pick at a local vineyard and we get juice or crushed grapes for our effort. Making wine from grapes is a challenge. I have one kit waiting to be made, a quick drinker. I have not given up on kits. Most of my cellar is kit produced. I just had many opportunities to pick this last fall. Its a timing thing.

I have tried one fruit wine, peach, with not much success. If the tree out back has fruit this year, I will try again.

Latest posts

Back