Hello from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Hello,
I am brand new to this site and to wine making. My daughter was given a wine making kit and "we" have really gotten into it. I hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves because we just started our 3rd batch and have not even bottled the first yet. So far it seems to be going as directed. I have sampled a few sips while racking and was wondering if this was ok as far as being safe ect.

Welcome !
Not only to here but the great hobby (obsession) of winemaking. We are here to help just ask.

I have sampled a few sips while racking and was wondering if this was ok as far as being safe ect.

Welcome to the forum!! As long as the equipment (i.e. winethief, baster) is properly sanitized, this should pose no problem.. I have sampled each of my batches along the way to know what I should expect at a particular stage.. I am very new to this myself and am quickly becoming obsessed..:)

Cheers

Thanks

Hey thanks,
I have 1 batch in the primary, it is Loganberry. I have 2 in secondary fermenters one each of strawberry and plum. If I get the hang of it I want to try a Merlot.
Cheers, Steve

Latest posts

Back