hello from ocean springs Mississippi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Blackberry Port is a blackberry wine from fresh fruit that is fermented with Light Malt (Waldo's recipe). The Malt allows a higher alcohol level without the "Hot" Taste. I'll include a bottle thats at 24% (or 25, I forgot), but is very smooth. Or do you want a bottle of 30%?

What else would you like to try?

Have you never heard of a Port? A Port is a (usually fortified) wine that is strong in alc. and typically very sweet, but not Jobes. His port is perfect, not to sweet, not over powered with alc. Lets just say If I was able to get Blackberries at a decent price I would pay for him to get his butt over here and show me step by step how to make it but the prices around here for these berries is astronomical. If youve tasted this Port, youd be talking in tongue to!
10_1_107.gif

just send me 2 of your favorites andget George to pick me up for the next reunion.is their a bus that goes around to pick ya ll up???????

Hey Wade................

I wonder if I could put 3 of the bags in a Styrofoam container, taped it up real good, boxed it and ship ground now during the winter months if you couldn't start a 3 gallon batch?.......................... Then there's the moonshine............

I told ya.......... Be careful what you wish for!
smiley20.gif

I like red but the wife likes white.shes due march 21st so anything aged after that is fine (pump and dump) its a girl!!!!!!Edited by: mississippi mud

You could do everclear. I think it's only 80 Proof though, so you would need maybe 2 bottles, then you'd need more berries to make up for the flavor loss.................

I'll check my inventory tomorrow........... We'll talk.......

mississippi mud said:
(pump and dump) its a girl!!!!!!

That made me laugh.......
smiley36.gif
......... Pump and dump........
smiley36.gif

Sweet or dry for her? She'll need that after the 21st......... and she'll deserve it! Wish her the best from us.

mississippi mud said:
thats a big no on the ever clear.

Sorry Mud..... That was for Wade....... with regard as to what he would fortify his port with........ 2 conversations going at once..... sorry for the confusion.

My Blackberry Port is fortified with Moonshine.............. If your a car racing fan , you'd be surprised to know who distilled it
smiley2.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Well your getting the pinot. I have a nice French Chardonnay, about 1 1/2 years in the bottle..... a very nice wine.... will send that for her.

I ave drinkable in reds - Barbera..............

Also have a Stags Leap Merlot ..... about 4 months in the bottle that OK right now, could use a couple more months, also a CC Old Vines Zin that I like, but needs another year in the bottle, however drinkable now after 4 months in the bottle........... I have an Amarone that completely sucks! as well as a Shiraz that ranks right up there with the Amarone (another cheap kit experiment)........... A hyped up Blackberry Merlot (orchard breezen kit). I would recommend the Stags Leap Merlot, but thats up to you.

the only thing that tics me off about wine is that 750ml doesn't = 4 glasses of wineany way you measure it.....?

Yea, I know what you mean.........

I only get 1 and a half servings using my wine glass:

20080116_201851_masonJar.gif

Back