Hello from NZ

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozehag

NZ Artist
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, big :hug for those i know, its been a while since I've been on here. Life has taken a whole new direction in general, I've changed careers and had all sorts going on with kids leaving home etc etc.
As for my winemaking its slowed down a bit as I have learnt that I should concentrate on making my favourite wines and knock out the experimental stuff unless of course the fruit arrives for free and there's enough of it to make a batch!
I tried maknig apricot wine recently and dont really like it. i gave wild grape a go too and disliked that even more, a mountain of plums turned up which have become two lots of 23 litre brews, the rest will become jam i think!
Im sticking to feijoa (My gold label wine its so nice!) and a kit shiraz.

Yesterday I received enough feijoas to make three 23 litre brews and have enough on my trees for two more. Why waste time on other stuff if I'm not likely to drink it i think!!!! besides time is not always on my side so better to put it into the best stuff.
Have others done this or do you still experiment anyway?

Collette, good to hear from you. I was thinking about you and Allie just last week. Have you heard from her at all? I am making mostly things I know I'll drink but still like to experiment a bit. The last experiment was Skittle Wine. It was fun and a conversational wine but really too sweet for me.

Hey Collette, good to have you back.... I am still experimenting a bit but I have alot of good old standbys that I keep on hand..

Hi Collette,

Glad to see you didn't forget about us and glad you did not give up on winemaking.

Welcome back :db

Last edited:
Nice site. I've made a lot of experiments. Wines mostly, but 2011 was the year of the beer. Many tries to make a house beer that everyone can enjoy.

Welcome back on!!!

I have my wines i like to make - when and if i get time between making those and 3 kids (1 being a newborn) i would like to experiment.

Hey Dan i havent caught up with St Allie for a while but will look her up and mention you asked after her....oh and what is skittle wine????

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying their winemaking, i doubt ill ever give it up, it gives great pride to say I made it and a huge sense of achievement!

Jon a newborn, wow you will busy then, my babies have left home, the youngest leaving tomorrow actually!!!

Welcome back Collette, what are you doing as far as work now? I hope its something you like better!

Latest posts

Back