Hello from Northern Wisconsin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denny32

Junior
Reaction score
Greetings all,

A big THANK YOU to all who post here on this forum. I have found the information to be invaluable!

I am very new to wine making. A couple of friends who are well into needing a 12 step vino making anonymous program finally got me into this hobby.
Per their convincing I started with a kit. Wine Exp. Chocolate Raspberry Port. Thanks to the forum postings on this kit I had no troubles at all. I added the F-Pack last night and a little water. Every time I checked the SG I of course had to try a sample.

Last night I also racked into a secondary three gal of plum. Two of my friends thought it would be fun to each make a plum wine. One started with fresh/frozen plums from a tree in his back yard, while the other started with plums from the produce store. I went with a 96oz. can bough from our local wine making shop. Each recipe was a bit different as most are. It will be very interesting to compare and contrast each one when ready.

Once again, it is great to be a part of this community and the wealth of knowledge here has surpassed every expectation.

Now.....what to try next? I need more carboys.

Thank you,
Dennis

Greetings back at ya Denny, glad you could join us. Indeed there is lots of info in here and a great group of people to share with. I have a great friend from Wautoma named denny, I thought for a secon it might be him.

All the same, welcome.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5030&highlight=blackberry

Here is a recent thread regarding the 96oz cans of base, maybe you will find something in it.

No stupid questions in here, ask away. Hope we can provide the answers.

Quite a few people in here from Wisconsin, you are amongst "homies". I may self am a Wisonsin native, but have been with the Eskimos for over 30 yrs.

Troy

Denny, find some more cheeseheads to join. In the begining it look like the Canadians were going to take over, now its the Pennsylvanians, we need to maintain a balance. LMAO!

Troy

hello Denny and welcome,

you'll need lots of carboys!

Allie

I have always wondered why we refer to them as carboys and not cargirls?! LOL

Just a thought. LOL

Denny, Carboys are just like Pringles. You just can't have one. Everytime I go near the supply house it pulls me in.:)

A gift from my wife

Well the Choc. Rasp. Port is ready to be bottled. As this is more of a dessert wine, I asked my wife to stop by the local wine shop after work to pick up a case of .375 bottles. She walked in the door with a case of bottles, went back to the car and came in with a floor corker. What a wife!!! And she is not even a big wine drinker.......yet.

I ended up bottling some just because I wanted to try the new toy. I racked 2 one gal jugs to let it settle a bit more, and drank some....(clears throat). I am so proud of myself. I feel all warm and fuzzy. Dang this is a tasty port! I sure hope I can age some of this before I drink it all.:dg

Latest posts

Back