Hello from Northern VA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodenski

Reaction score
Hello all!

Figured I'd introduce myself as I feel I'll be doing a lot of lurking. After seeing too many Facebook posts from my brother and brother-in-law making beer at home, I decided to do some brewing myself. But not being a beer drinker, I decided to try some apple cider instead. I got bit by the bug, and now I've got 3 1-gallon batches of various fruit wines going. (Dragonblood, a blackberry port and an apple wine with some added berries.)

I might even do some real wine before too long, but I'm going to be running low on 1 gallon jugs before long! At least the jugs are cheap . . .

Thanks in advance for the help with the inevitable dumb questions.

Cheers!

James

Hello all!

Figured I'd introduce myself as I feel I'll be doing a lot of lurking. After seeing too many Facebook posts from my brother and brother-in-law making beer at home, I decided to do some brewing myself. But not being a beer drinker, I decided to try some apple cider instead. I got bit by the bug, and now I've got 3 1-gallon batches of various fruit wines going. (Dragonblood, a blackberry port and an apple wine with some added berries.)

I might even do some real wine before too long, but I'm going to be running low on 1 gallon jugs before long! At least the jugs are cheap . . .

Thanks in advance for the help with the inevitable dumb questions.

Cheers!

James

Welcome aboard James! The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask before making a mistake.......

Welcome James! There are no dumb questions, we all have to start somewhere.

One-gallon batches are great in that they allow you to make lots of batches without committing to 5-6 gallons.

Welcome James 1 Gallon batches are kind of fun to make. I do it as I am the one drinking them so I get
a better variety. Am having a glass of 1 year old Cranberry wine form a 1 1/2 gallon batch.

Bill

Welcome James! I love 1 gallon batches!! I hit the recycle center for my glass jugs - apple cider season so there is quite the supply. I have 5 gallon batches going now from leftover fruits. I think I need to remind my husband how much money I save him! Enjoy!

1gallon containers are the gateway drug.

Yep, started with one gallons, now I currently have 65 one gallon batches going, but since there are only 4 different varietals, they're being fermented in larger vessels, and I plan on storing them in 6 gallon jugs instead of 1 gallons to save floor space..............

Latest posts

Back