Hello from Northern KY!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilithEden

Junior
Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for almost a year, member for a few months (Have to have that search option;-) making wine for for seven months or so, and have yet to utter a peep. I mostly wanted to thank everyone that contributes because I have done so much research here!

I started with frozen concentrates in gallon batches for practice and moved on to a few kits. I did a Vino Italiano blush for my husband, he loves the stuff and I'm guarding it all the time because I'd like to see what it tastes like at a year. I intended to do the kit as instructed but I can't seem to leave anything alone. I added several pounds of cranberries that were on sale and I'm pretty happy with it considering how cheap it was.

I moved on to a Vintner's Reserve Pinot Grigio and a Selection Original
Pinot Noir. Both of these are bulk aging until I need my carboys again, they are already beautifully clear. I can not wait until fresh fruit is in season to try my hand at that. I have a strawberry bed that I started two years ago that should really be going this year, live a mile from a fantastic farmer's market, and only a few miles from a couple "pick your own" places.

All of my wine is really too young to judge but my personal favorite is the Pomegranate blueberry I started with. I opened a bottle last week after five months and it was lovely.

When I first started I bought one of those push hand corkers and as soon as I figured I was hooked on the hobby I upgraded to a floor corker. It is so worth it to skip the middle hand corker! I can cork faster than I can fill!

This has already gone on longer than I intended. I just wanted to say thank you!

Hi LilithEden,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. I see you are definitely hooked. I did a blue/pom as well, it is very tasty.

Glad you posted up and looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Welcome to the forum. As you have already found out, there's a lot of great knowledge here. :h

Latest posts

Back