Hello from Northeast Nebraska

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstar

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to your forum and so far I am enjoying it very much. I have learned a lot already I have found a lot of on line wine books to read, I have meet one member already that has helped me in my search for carboys and I thank him for that. I am looking forward to being a member of this forum. a little about myself I have just started a vineyard this last spring with the help of my brother-in-law who has been making wine for a few years now. I am now in the process of gather the equipment that I will need to make wine, I am trying my hand at wine making with five one gallon batches of wine from welches concentrate juice. I am looking forward to the day when I get to make wine from my own vineyard.
Jack Starks

Welcome! What type(s) of grapes do you have planted?

Hello and welcome Jack,

lovely to have you here and looking forward to hearing about your vineyard, how a big a property do you have?

Allie

Hello and welcome Jack,

lovely to have you here and looking forward to hearing about your vineyard, how a big a property do you have?

Allie

I have about two and one half acres to play with I planted forty eight vine last spring. I am planning on doubleing that next spring don't want to over do it until I really know what I am doing that is why I am going at it a little at a time. My brother-in-law has over one hundred vine so what we did is got some started here that would compliment what his already has so we can trade grapes to improve our wine together. Right now I am just learning how to make wine myself so I have been practiceing on country style wines I want to try and make some rhubard wine and some dandilion wine this spring to get more experince before my grapes start to produce.

Welcome! What type(s) of grapes do you have planted?

I have planted Marquarts, Fontenac Gris, Adelmiima, Corot Noir. I will order four more varieties next year. My Marquarts did really good this year they out grew the other varieties that I planted. looking forward to this spring to see how they weathered this winter that we had here in Nebraska not to mention the rabbits.

Welcome Jack,
Here you will find all kind of winemakers. Let us know if you need help.

Glad to have you aboard and when you can lets get some pics up of your vineyard this summer.

Glad to have you aboard and when you can lets get some pics up of your vineyard this summer.

Once I figure out how to upload a picture I will post one Can anyone explain to me how to upload a photo in this forum

Last edited:
avartar

Once I figure out how to upload a picture I will post one Can anyone explain to me how to upload a photo in this forum

Here it is I managed to get a picture uploaded for my avartar which is a picture of my new vineyard in it's early stages

I have 8 acres in pasture..about 2/third in beef cattle and the rest in fruit and buildings.

Allie

next two years will see us phasing out beef and upgrading the land into fruit and veg..

big interest in organics..I'm thinking organic wines will have some interest.

wait and see..

Allie

Thank You
I am looking forward to spring here in Nebraska to see how my young vine weathered the winter and rabbits

Ok Folks here's my story and I'm sticking to it. My brother-in-law has been trying to talk me into starting a vineyard for twenty years and he finally got it done that is how I got started with the help of all the good wine he has given me over the years he got me wanting more. Well the vines are planted and winter is here with nothing to do but play on the internet that how I found wine recipes on the internet so I decided to try and do a batch like my mother did so I made up two gallons using frozen concentrate and bread yeast not knowing how to start the bread yeast I used boiling water the first time and after two days nothing was happening and I had a lot of lees at the bottom of the gallon carboys so I drained the wine off the lees and started a second batch of yeast using cold water and mixed into the two one gallon carboys and it went on too ferment then I found Jack Kellars wine recipes on the net so I ordered the chemicals that I needed to do it the right way with a new batch now I have two more gallon carboys made that way which are about sixty days into the process. This is why I joined this forum because I have a lot to learn about wine making

Does anyone out there now of any wine making suppliers around the Atoka Tn. area

Does anyone out there now of any wine making suppliers around the Atoka Tn. area
A quick GOOGLE came up with;
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS332US332&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wine+making+suppliers+in+Atoka+Tn&fb=1&gl=us&hq=wine+making+suppliers&hnear=Atoka+Tn&view=text&ei=Is2TS8LsLIuVtgfXktTVCg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CB0QtwMwAA[/ame]

Welcome from the big state of Kentucky!!!:fsh

Hi Koda
Just thought I would let you know that I don't live in Atoka TN. I am just down here visting my kids and thought I would vist some of the local shops while here. I live in Northeast Nebraska

Your right I live thrity seven mile west of Sioux City in a little town of Concord Ne. what part of Sioux City do you live. So what kind of wine have you been making

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back