Hello From Mira Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiraNapa

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am with Mira Winery located in Napa, California and Charleston, South Carolina. We LOVE wine and we hope to engage in some fun and interesting wine talk with all of you. We have been making wine for a number of years, but our most recent accomplishment is making the first America Ocean-Aged ("Aquaior") Wine!

The process is quite amazing and we are very excited and happy with the results. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this process. You can learn more about what we did and watch some interesting video clips.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Cheers!
- Mira

story_header.jpg

Welcome to WMT

We actually had a or two thread following the experiment, based off one of the members here finding a news story about the project.

Here's one - has a link to the original thread in 3rd post

Glad to see you've decided to join us, hopefully we can all learn a few things from eachother; feel free to ask questions or pitch in opinions

Last edited:
Very interesting, Mira. I joined the Mira Charleston Harbor Club and I will follow your progress with great interest. I also wish you the best in this endeavor.

I would assume that the objective of all of this is to commercialize Aquaoir aged wine. It would seem to the casual observer that quite a bit of scaling up will be required to bring this product from a curiosity for the very wealthy to those of us who enjoy a good bottle of wine that does not require a bank loan. In some very preliminary research, it appears that at this time there is roughly a $200 per bottle premium ($250 vs. $48) for the Aquaoir aged wine. This seems a little high for a wine that is described by your people as, “It’s not better, its not worse and it is definitely different,” from the land aged variety of the wine. Still, and I am sure you realize, there are people with more money than good sense who might purchase this just to say they did and this may well be your target customer base.

Off the top of my head, personally I might pay a 10% premium in price for one versus the other just to see if it is worth it. You may have already done market research that tells you that people are generally willing to pay a greater premium. In any case, it is an interesting experiment and the preliminary results are encouraging. At least, you did not end up with 48 bottles of salted vinegar.

Best of luck.

Welcome aboard. Read through it when it came on here from 1 of our posters, very interesting!!!!!

I'm thinking of dropping my 6 gallons of carmenere in my pool, do you think it will help?

No, really...welcome. Hope we can pick your brain.

Latest posts

Back