Hello From Minnesota

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Hey there,I should have started out with an introduction of myself but got excited and jumped right in to the threads. Sorry for that! My name is Isaiah I live in a very small town in Minnesota called Pine River, Im 27 years old and well you could say I have an addiction (Wine making that is!) One day just thought up this idea of making my own wine not realizing that there are so many people that actually do this. I'm just working on a few small things right now but Im so into this Im planning on going bigger. Thanks for everybodys help! Wish there was a way to help all you!

Isaiah

Hi Isaiah,

Glad you came in and introduced yourself and someday you will be giving back advce to the news ones that sign on here.

Yeah I hope it comes to that. I really enjoy this forum and talking with everybody!

Welcome aboard! I think we all looked around before we introduced ourselves. Then once we found out this is a great place to learn then we jumped right in..

Welcome to the forum.

Ever go to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in MN?

That is some Beautiful country up there.

Believe it or not I have never been up that way. I think my dad use to go when he was probably my age but I haven't ever made it yet. I guess it is nice though! have you been then?

Believe it or not I have never been up that way. I think my dad use to go when he was probably my age but I haven't ever made it yet. I guess it is nice though! have you been then?

Yes I have been up there about a half dozen times. Its the most scenic place I have ever been. My avatar is from our last camping trip.

Welcome to a fellow Minnesotan!!

There are two great shops in the twin cities for buying kits and equipment. Northern Brewer is on Grand avenue and Midwest Supplies is down in St. Louis Park.
Pine River is up past Brainerd isn't it?

Thanks I'll keep those stores in mind! Pine River is about 40 minutes north Brainerd. Where I was born and raised.

Cool - I have a cabin in Brainerd and we go up to Walker every so often, so I thought I recall the town. I suppose you have to order supplies and have it shipped.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm a ways up there! I have ordered a few things from brew and grow from down in spring lake park there really fast with getting things out seems like if you order early enough in the day you should have your package they next mid morning or afternoon. I know there is a couple places in Duluth I can go to. I tend to make it that way more than I do the cities. Duluth is always fun.

I was born and raised in Brainerd not to confuse you with Pine River. We really don't like it here in Pine River it's nice but the people seem to be a little different at times. And I guess even get a little worse bit farther north of us.

Yep - maybe a little too small townish I guess. I've heard of the spring lake park shop but the others are closer to me since I'm east of town down here. Did work bring you to Pine river then?

I am up here for work but were planning on moving up to Duluth next Spring as there has been more work for me there!

Hey Isaiah, welcome to the forum. Lots of great participants willing to help out. Been through Minn. a few times riding to Sturgis...beautiful place. Let us know what you got brewing...

Right now I'm just started out with a couple batches welches and a three gallon pumpkin. Im maybe thinking of a riesling next

Back