Hello from Minnesnowta!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovimaple

Kaptin Winemaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started making wine in December 2020 thanks to an equipment kit I got as a gift. I'm a little obsessed - have made 10 batches so far in the last 2.5 months, with plans to keep going! All have been 1 gallon fruit wine (most from fruit, a couple from concentrate, 1 from lingonberry syrup), with a 3-gallon dessert wine kit thrown in. When I have questions and use the google, I have found some great answers on this site, so I decided it was time to join!

Ha, I have heard that before from my fermenter mentor coworker! Except I don't really have room for big carboys. My dad made wine a few decades ago and he gave me his logs as well as his glass wine thief and a few other things. It's been fun using them.

Welcome to WMT.
Except I don't really have room for big carboys.
You should see my bathroom . In the warm months, it all outside. Come cold weather, it's the bathroom winery. You would be suprised at what you can put in a small space.
Just trying to egg you on, but I do realise space is a concern. Save your dad's wine logs and enjoy a tradition passed down.

Jovimaple: Welcome! Very knowledgeable participants in the forum. Always something new to learn!

If you have any wine in the garage, bring it in as it going down to a balmy -25F this evening.

Sven (from Eden Prairie, MN)

It may be cold here (another fellow Minnesotan), but it is my relatives in the south who are experiencing "popping" right now - water mains, etc. We are prepared here - and yes, things come in from the garage. My cider keg is in the mudroom (a room I never knew existed before moving here).

Latest posts

Back