Hello from Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raisenbelle

Junior
Reaction score
I have just joined the winemaking talk forum. I have used this forum countless times while learning to make wine and the information here has been very useful. I am a pastry chef at a small university here in Adrian Michigan and make wine in my spare time. I tried making beer first (gluten free, long story) but I don’t really drink beer so when I was given a wine making book I tried some recipes just learning the process. Then I stumbled upon the dragon blood recipe here and am hooked.

Welcome! Good to have you here. My daughter is a pastry chef and absolutely loves it. DB is a good starter… it’s quick and easy. And it gives you something to drink while (patiently) trying to forget about the wine you have aging...

Welcome! Good to have you here. My daughter is a pastry chef and absolutely loves it. DB is a good starter… it’s quick and easy. And it gives you something to drink while (patiently) trying to forget about the wine you have aging...
Thanks, and Yes! My dream job. Plus I have summers off to make wine 😀 My first attempt at wine was a gallon of apple made from frozen juice concentrate. Wait a year recipe said…luckily I stumbled on the DB. Renewed my interest, lots of compliments on it. As for the apple…it’s been 3 years on the shelf now and is finally drinkable lol. A bit like apple brandy but thin on flavor.

Thanks, and Yes! My dream job. Plus I have summers off to make wine 😀 My first attempt at wine was a gallon of apple made from frozen juice concentrate. Wait a year recipe said…luckily I stumbled on the DB. Renewed my interest, lots of compliments on it. As for the apple…it’s been 3 years on the shelf now and is finally drinkable lol. A bit like apple brandy but thin on flavor.
It’s a great start. Keep notes, so that you can replicate the things you like and do well. In addition to challenges with patience, I have challenges in note taking as well… glad you’re loving what you do!

Welcome to WMT. Enjoy the forum. Are there other recipes you are interested in?

Hello, any updates?

Latest posts

Back