Hello from Massachusetts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Igor.
Started making wine a few years ago after purchasing all the equipment from a friend.. His father made wine all of his life here in US and back in Portugal but is now in his 90's and no one in the family followed the tradition.

All the wine I have made is old school way with nothing added.
Always looking for new grape combinations for a batch of wine...

Looking forward to reading about other people experiences and learning more ...

Igor

Welcome. The traditional old school family recipe for my family was 66% Muscato and 33% Alicante. Fermented together. Even tho 2/3 White this would make a nice medium bodied red wine with the Alicante being incredibly dark.
What types of combos have you made?

Welcome. The traditional old school family recipe for my family was 66% Muscato and 33% Alicante. Fermented together. Even tho 2/3 White this would make a nice medium bodied red wine with the Alicante being incredibly dark.
What types of combos have you made?

I actually found a similar recipe to your and will be making it this fall... however it uses 90% Muscato and 10% Alicante.
Several that I made are... a Classic Bordeaux: 60% Cab. S.. 20% Cab Franc and 20% Merlot ... an other favorite is 70% Zin, 20% Muscato and 10% Alicante...
And as mentioned before, I don't add anything. That's the way the old man from Portugal told me to make it and it comes out amazing...

Latest posts

Back