Hello from Maine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainecr

Reaction score
Hello from Maine. Started making wine last fall. Mostly small 1-2 gallon batches from what ever fruit I could get may hands on free. Most are aging out pretty well. I've made a good strawberry (5 lb fruit/gallon) about ready to bottle, and a 4.5 lb/gallon banana. I was thinking of a strawberry banana.
Looking for a fruity wine. What ration of strawberry/banana per gallon will give me a nice strawberry with the body of banana?

Thanks...bob from Maine..

Hello mainecr,

Welcome to the forum, hope u will get all the important informations because the forum is simply good and nice, it helps beginners like me as well as normal members like u :D.

U will get all the information here :h Hope u will enjoy the forum :b

Sorry I don't know much about wine now so I m not telling anything to u :(

It really depends on what you are looking for as far as which one you want to be dominant. They are very close as far as flavor profile wise IMO with the strawberry needing a 1/2 lb more per gallon. So depending on what you are looking for just adjust the ratio between the 2.

Thanks for the advise. I'll add add 4 pounds of bananas to the 5 pounds of strawberries I have thawing.
I'll post some thoughts during fermentation
bob

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I use whatever comes to hand as well.. if I don't quite have enough of one berry, I'll throw in a packet of something else I have saved in the freezer. Usually raspberries or blackberries.

Allie

Welcome aboard. Look forward to reading your posts. Keep us up to date on how the wine turns out.

Latest posts

Back