Hello From London

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopa

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I chucked some yeast into 3 litres of grape juice, and one and a half weeks later was surprised to find it was perfectly drinkable.

Well, as me and my friends have now consumed the lot I'm starting again, but I hope to learn how to do it properly this time!

I like making things, and hope to have a bit of fun.

All the best,
Coopa

Well 1st Welcome to a great group where we have members from all over the world.
1st thing I would suggest is to find a place near you that sell beer and wine making kits. If not google winemaking as there are alot of Books for you to read up on.
2nd we are here to help you . But, we cant if you have no idea where in your area or internet to get this stuff.
Keep us informed.

hello Coopa and wecome to the forum.

So what's your next project going to be?

Allie

Welcome, there is much to learn but we are here to help you create great wines instead of drinkable wines.

Hello Everyone,

@Tom: I think I can get everything I need off the net, there seem to be allot of suppliers providing kit here in the UK. As for books I'm reading The Home Winemaking Book as we speak - what a great free resource!

@Allie: Well, in my enthusiasm I've started with another bucket of grape juice, sugar and bread yeast. This time though I was armed with a hydrometer, and I'm prepared to be a little more patient (but not much).

Coopa

Blimey St Allie, I just read your sig - you made "Tabasco chili Wine".

What's it like?

Hi. I'm just up the road from you in Milton Keynes.
This is a great site. Welcome.

Welcome aboard. I just love it when we get more International winemakers here. If you liked what you did before. I am sure you will love a wine made properly as it will keep for a long time and you can make larger batches to always have some on hand. By all means, what is planned next?

Nothing I like better then to see that a new winemaker has bought the 1 tool really needed to make wine. In my opinion you can go by taste with acid and most of the other stuff but a starting sg and knowing where youare at come near the end is what making wine is all about! Some wine yeast is your next ste though as it will make a world of a difference.

Blimey St Allie, I just read your sig - you made "Tabasco chili Wine".

What's it like?

It's got a bit of a kick..hehehhe I was bored and had a potplant that produced a huge amount of chillies.. Will keep it stored in bulk for a good six months before bottling.

I'm quite pleased with it so far, getting my friends to drink it will be the next challenge!

Allie

My Lucky Day

Thank you all for such a warm welcome to the forum.

I can't believe my luck - This morning my mum saw the bucket, and the 3 PET bottles with 2 balloons & a condom on, and took it upon herself to buy me a 1 gallon demi-john. Aren't mums lovely.

She then went to her friends for a "goodbye as your moving house" lunch, and was given 3 more 1g demi-johns her friend was going to chuck away.

I am now utterly convinced that this was meant to be.

@smufe: In light of my good fortune my next project will be to try a different wine in each demi-john, sticking to recipes where I can. I fancy one of the banana wines in the recipes sections, and something spiced / gingery (maybe a bit like a mulled wine).

Coopa

It's got a bit of a kick..hehehhe I was bored and had a potplant that produced a huge amount of chillies.. Will keep it stored in bulk for a good six months before bottling.

I'm quite pleased with it so far, getting my friends to drink it will be the next challenge!

Allie
I think the correct word is potted plant ha ha. Well maybe not!!! :rI would like to try that wine lol.:h
Welcome coopa

Thank you all for such a warm welcome to the forum.

I can't believe my luck - This morning my mum saw the bucket, and the 3 PET bottles with 2 balloons & a condom on, and took it upon herself to buy me a 1 gallon demi-john. Aren't mums lovely.

She then went to her friends for a "goodbye as your moving house" lunch, and was given 3 more 1g demi-johns her friend was going to chuck away.

I am now utterly convinced that this was meant to be.

@smufe: In light of my good fortune my next project will be to try a different wine in each demi-john, sticking to recipes where I can. I fancy one of the banana wines in the recipes sections, and something spiced / gingery (maybe a bit like a mulled wine).

Coopa

Ohhhh try a nice spicy melomel then. Lovely.

I just thought things were "different" down under....

I have a bad habit of pointing out things like that. I cant resist! I am just a smart axe. Sorry for being me ha ha. No I am not an aging Hippie!! :hHow dare you say aging lol.:b Steve the old hippie now

Latest posts

Back