Hello from Lancaster, Pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Im planning on starting to grow and make my own wine. Seems like a good place to get some answers.

Welcome! Do you have anything growing already( vines,fruit trees, bush berries) or are you getting ready to plant something this spring?

I bought my house about a year ago and have been tryin to figure out a good use for the upper part of my property (approx 1/3 of an acre with great soil slight slope and great southern exposure.) it is on top of a hill about 30 feet uphill from my house. We have quite a few raspberry & black berries (they need some serious attention though) My wife and i enjoy wine so after visting a few wineries we've decided it would be something fun to try. i have room to do approx 20 rows with 6 vines per row. but to start out i want to try just 6 rows. I think that i would like to plant: Traminette, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Melot, Cab Sauvingnon, & Cab. Franc.

Plus we have room for a couple of fruit trees also.

Old school music, sorry! Good look withn the vineyard project. we have a few people here that can help you out in that area. I myself know nothing about grape growin!

Old school music, sorry! Good look withn the vineyard project. we have a few people here that can help you out in that area. I myself know nothing about grape growin!

Hi Sly,

Welcome and I am realy glad to see someone else from PA!

Wade, I feel so old, I know Sly and the Family Stone and I liked their music

Julie

Back