Hello from Kentucky

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor323

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been making wine since the mid 70s. Of course, I started out with fruit and flower wines. I occasionally used Welch's grape juice to make a light pleasant wine. Then, I discovered concentrates. My next step was making wine from French-American hybrid grapes. I had a friend who had five acres of them. I made some very fine wines from them, Seyval and Foch in particular. Then I decided to grow my own grapes and that turned out well, but caring for the vines was more than I could manage and the deer and other varmints ate most of the grapes. My friend stopped growing grapes and now I'm back to concentrates and occasional juices from Australia. So far, my favorite concentrate is the blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre from Cellar Craft

What part of Kentucky? I'm down in Warren County/Barren County area.

Hmmm, about a 5 hour drive from me. Maybe a tad far for grapes. I do have a producing vineyard and maybe an excess of grapes this year. We'll have to see how the year progresses. I harvest in early August. The excess grapes would be America with some Concord and Buffalo. Next year, maybe extra Cab Franc.

Sounds like somewhere near I24. Not too bad a drive, really!

EDIT: You did say East....so NOT near I24. I work in Glasgow daily and Edmonton occasionally. Don't know my left from right either.

Last edited:
I've been all across the country and y'all really do have some of the best chicken in America. Welcome!

Latest posts

Back