hello from hull

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone joined the forum today looking for and hopefully contributing advise and support to a recently new hobby..dave

Sorry guys hull england or has it's correctly called kingston upon hull, a smallish city sitting on the humber estuary on the east coast and recently in 2017 the uk city of culture.

Even if you are from the U.K., you are still welcome here (I say that in jest as 3/4 of my heritage is originally from the U.K, the balance from Germany, though that was quite a few years in the past). Actually, quite a few of you are members here. I hope you find all the information you are looking for and look forward to you helping us out with our wine making problems!

Welcome to the forum!

So to date how deep are you into this hobby?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, been making wine for the last year has a result of over growing of fruit and veg from my allotment which I was reluctant to let go to waste. Started off making jams/pickles/chutneys and freezing/preserving but still found a surplus so thought why not try using stock on wine making has we are regular wine drinkers and spend quite a bit on bought in wine.
And now a year down the road have a slowly growing stock of wines nicely maturing away mostly from fruits such has blackberry/strawberry/raspberry/gooseberry/elderberry and elderflower plus a couple of quick turn around kit brews has the wife don't have patience to wait a long time. So the answer to the question from bkisel am now hooked big time.!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, been making wine for the last year has a result of over growing of fruit and veg from my allotment which I was reluctant to let go to waste. Started off making jams/pickles/chutneys and freezing/preserving but still found a surplus so thought why not try using stock on wine making has we are regular wine drinkers and spend quite a bit on bought in wine.
And now a year down the road have a slowly growing stock of wines nicely maturing away mostly from fruits such has blackberry/strawberry/raspberry/gooseberry/elderberry and elderflower plus a couple of quick turn around kit brews has the wife don't have patience to wait a long time. So the answer to the question from bkisel am now hooked big time.!

Think I was doing kit wines only for about 2 years before trying my hand at fruit/country wines. I now do both but favor the kits.

Have a musician friend that lives and plays in Hull. Welcome great bunch of people on here.

Hi there roboto, hull has a great music scene and produced some fantastic musicians over the years. I see from your profile picture you are a fly model enthusiast, i'm similar but land based building and racing rc offroad cars mainly 28cc petrol driven stuff with a little nitro in the past.

Yep have done the cars also kinda jump around on RC hobbies LOL my friends name is Emma Rugg very talented lady awesome voice. Oh and she shares my last name maybe kin not sure.

Latest posts

Back