Hello from Edmonton

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeludor

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

I'm a beginner and am just learning about wine making. Some friends from work were telling me their grandparents used to make crab apple wine. Well, the house we bought in December (my in laws house for 42 years) has a crab apple tree in the front. So I plan on using those.

So I figured, I like a good glass of wine and I like making things for people to enjoy. Let's give it a shot.

I've been eyeing up the thread on DDs dragon blood and have ambitions of making that as well.

Is there anybody here from Edmonton that could recommend a good shop for supplies?

Thanks!
Jay

20190824_123826.jpg 20190824_123910.jpg 20190824_123932.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help you on wine making supply sources in Edmonton since I live in Florida but, if you search online, I'm sure that you will find a number of them. Wine making is very popular in Canada.

Welcome to the WMT forum,

Welcome. I trade wine for apple cider with a buddy, usually a case each year. I guarantee my cider is gone before he drinks my wine.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I was talking to a friend last night, and little did I know, he makes wine when he has the chance. He's planning on making a couple gallons of honey mead next week. He gave me a good shop to check out.

I lucked out on Kijiji last night and came across an add for a gentleman's equipment. Apparently he's not making any more. 4 - 5 gallon carboys, 2 - 3 gallon carboys, primary fermenter with a warming band, small corker, buon vino mini jet pump, thermometers, hydrometer, wine thief, 100 bottle rack. Even had 164 empty bottles as well... that was too good an opportunity to pass up for 100 bucks. I was just going through the literature that came with it, and it's information he's been collecting since the mid 90's.. almost 20 years.

Wow! That was a great buy! I get most of my supplies from Amazon but do buy one gallon jugs here and there at garage sales. I have made crabapple wine and loved it!

Edmonton has tons of wine making supply shops, which cover majority of the wine kit brands, such as RJS, WE, and CC. Have fun! For winemaking equipment and chemical supply, you can try Brew for Less in downtown area.
Even grocery store like Superstore and Save On Foods sell wine kits (but low end). I would say, this is home wine making heaven.

Wow, that is nice. Where I live, Fayetteville, Ft. Bragg and Cumberland county, population of about 300,000 there are no wine or brew supply stores that I know of. 90 miles to the nearest.

Thanks Trick, I'll check them out. A friend suggested a shop in Sherwood Park just off Wye rd, Winning Wines Plus. I was told Costco has wine kits too.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Edmontonian! Here on the West end we love love Estae Brewing! Kevin and everyone there are sooo helpful and knowledgable! They have, what we call "Estate Sales" about every 4 months, where everything is 15% off! We also get double kits off Costco.ca,when they are on sale for about $80 usually make one as is, and then play around with the other kit. The Argentia Ridge Argentia Breeze Peach Chardonnay is delicious! Its a single, but one of our Easy-to-do favorites!

Thanks Mae, I'll check out those places. Estate was one of the websites I was looking at. I'll have to take a drive and see what they have.

Latest posts

Back