Hello From Delaware

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper

Retired Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings all. By way of introduction, I am a retired Chemical Engineer and have recently gotten interested in trying to make wine. I have been making beer for about a year and a half and have been thinking about wine making for some time. I finally took the plunge about a month ago.

I guess I have got the bug bad as I have three kits underway (WE Chilean Pinot Noir clarifying, WE Chateau du Roi in secondary, and CCW Super Tuscan in the primary) and a Cru Select Muscat Symphony waiting on the primary. My plan is to bulk age all four of these until the end of October, bottle and then drink at Thanksgiving. I know that the reds especially could probably use more time than this but I am not sure how I am even going to make it that long without trying my first attempts.

I found Wine Making Talk via a Google search for forums. I have been very impressed not only with the depth and breadth of knowledge being exchanged but also with the civility of the forum. I have spent quite a bit of time reading posts and have found answers to many of my questions and to many more that I didn't know enough to ask.

I chose the user name Grasshopper because I see a lot of replies and comments on threads already addressed to me.

Welcome to the forum. Those reds will still be pretty young by Thanksgiving, but I guess you can still drink them then.

If you are in a hurry, try making some of the mist (summer) wines. They are sweet, but pretty much ready to drink within a month after fermentation. RJ Spagnols, Cellar Craft, WineXpert and others all sell summer wine kits. They are always a hit at summer parties.

Good luck with your new hobby.

Latest posts

Back