Hello from Darington, Washington

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdodge

Junior
Reaction score
I'm a newbie from WA. My dad has been making wine for a few years and most of it has been very good !!! I figured I had better give it a try. I have 20 gallons of fresh apple cider and 8 gallons of pear juice in the freezer. Now I have to figure our which one to make first. Now that I have found this site I hope to start a batch in about a week, still a lot of ?? in my mind.

Allan

Morning Allan and welcome to the forum

We love lots of questions.. they keep us on our toes..

Look forward to hearing how your wines go when you get them started. Have you got all your equipment together yet?

Allie

I'm a newbie from WA. My dad has been making wine for a few years and most of it has been very good !!! I figured I had better give it a try. I have 20 gallons of fresh apple cider and 8 gallons of pear juice in the freezer. Now I have to figure our which one to make first. Now that I have found this site I hope to start a batch in about a week, still a lot of ?? in my mind.

Allan

Allen,
You came to the RIGHT place. WELCOME aboard !
Ask away. I just started 6 gallons of Apple wine from store bought juice.

Another member of Western Washington Wine making club. Yep Allie, gota get one started. Welcome XDodge, At the rate of new Washington members and every one is getting closer to me We will have to meet in like Marysville

Going to Washington from UK myself over christmas.
Welcome to this lovely, friendly site.

Welcome aboard and glad to have you here. It does seem like we have a crew from WA here. Look forward to reading your posts.

Allan, both of those juices you have are very susceptible to oxisizing like an apple with a bite out of it. Get your self some ascorbic acid and potassium sulfite tom protect these from going brown on you fast. Ascorbic acid will not hinder a fermentation like sulfites can.

Latest posts

Back