Hello from Cen CA. wine country

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLOweather

Reaction score
Chris from San Luis Obispo, CA here, aka SLOweather.

We live in the heart of the Central Coast Wine Country, on 10 rolling acres. In fact, from our back deck we can see the Edna Valley vineyards ~ 5 miles away. In the past couple of years we've become more active wine tasters and have joined a few local wine clubs.

Through a business relationship, we've become really good friends with the wine maker/orchardist at Creekside Farms in See Canyon, up over the top of the Irish Hills from us, about 12 miles away. He and his girlfriend were over for a little BBQ and wine a couple of Sundays ago, down in our woods. Ed wandered off and came back and mentioned that the back hillside would be good for some dry farmed zin. It's a SSW facing slope, about an acre and a quarter. Dry farming would be perfect, since our water situation, while well characterized, is rather limited. (I know, I run our mutual water company, and measure the wells every week.)

I have 10 good years of weather data for our property, and several extra Davis weather stations deployed to characterize our various micro-climates.

So, I'm in full on research mode, and looking forward to learning and participating in yet another on-line forum.

In the interim, if anyone has any weather station questions, please feel free to ask me.

Latest posts

Back