hello from California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolson5

Junior
Reaction score
Hi - Although I have been reading this forum since I started making wine last year, I decided to join so I could be part of the fun. I currently have my sixth wine (Milk wine) in the secondary and my seventh wine (blueberry) in the primary.

Welcome to the forum!

It must be nice to be in California, so close to all those grapes. :(

After I retire in a few years, I'd like to spend time in California, where the kids live, so I can get hold of some fresh grapes. Wonder how long it would take for them to kick me out?

Have you made any grape wines or are do you stick with other friuts?

hi robie - I have stuck with fruit so far. Between trips to BevMo and wine tasting trips, I figure we have plenty of grape wine around the house. Maybe someday I will go that direction, but with all the fruit stands I always have new materials to work with (the early strawberrys are here...so that will be my next wine).

As for staying with the kids...the length of time will probably be inversly proportional to the amount of their wine you drink :ib.

Hi - Although I have been reading this forum since I started making wine last year, I decided to join so I could be part of the fun. I currently have my sixth wine (Milk wine) in the secondary and my seventh wine (blueberry) in the primary.
Welcome !
Tell us more on your milk wine (recipe). Post it in our Recipe section

What took you so long to jump in with us? Glad to have you here!

hello and welcome to the forum..

another milk wine maker (weird!)

did you eat the cheese curd things off the wine, or throw them out?

Allie

OK, so what the heck does this milk wine taste like and what does it look like after it has cleared?

Hi Kolson5,

Glad you decided to join up for the fun. Welcome.

Hi Kolson5

Welcome to the forum. Never thought of milk wine, must be smooth with all that latic acid.

At least there's no malolatic fermintation needed.

Last edited:
Sorry Allie - I just threw away the curd. I wasn't sure I wanted to eat alcoholic curd and I just didn't have time to go thru the process of rinsing it that day.

Wade - I will be either re-racking or bottling soon so I will get another taste. Until then...when I first moved the secondary it was still slightly sweet and kind of a mellow taste (maybe sake flavor'd?) with a very slight milk finish. I think the milk finish will go away though. I will let you know more in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back