Hello from California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesecrets

Junior
Reaction score
Hi fellow wine enthusiasts. I'm new here. I wish to learn more about wines and have fun meeting new people in this forum. :i

hello and welcome to the forum,

what sort of wines do you like?

Allie

hello and welcome to the forum,

what sort of wines do you like?

Allie

Hi Allie,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I mostly like red wines like Merlot, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon but sometimes I also try those that are not made from grapes. How about you?

:h

Simon

Hi Allie,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I mostly like red wines like Merlot, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon but sometimes I also try those that are not made from grapes. How about you?

:h

Simon

Hiya Simon :h

Cider is my favourite, I drink predominantly pinot noirs and merlots in a red.. prefer fruit wines in a white..

more interested in making up my own recipes though..

what would you like to make?

Allie

Hiya Simon :h

Cider is my favourite, I drink predominantly pinot noirs and merlots in a red.. prefer fruit wines in a white..

more interested in making up my own recipes though..

what would you like to make?

Allie

Great! I like cider too but not as much as merlots. You should try making your own recipe. It takes time but it's worth it in the end.

Right now I'm into making wines NOT made of grapes. I'm experimenting with rice and some herbs. Have you tried tasting this kind before?

:br

There are a few people on the forum here that have made rice and raisin wines.. they apparently come out very well.. parsley wine is well worth making too.

I have just opened a cranberry rhubarb blush wine that I made in january and bottled in may..I'll be making that one again this year.. it came out really well. Have done a few kits.. but the fruit wines are really where my interests lay.

Allie

YEAH Allie, why dont you try experimenting on your own recipes!!:slp

All kidding aside, Allie is one of the greatest non grape, truly experimenters on the whole site. Come to think of it I don't remeber if she has ever even made wine from grapes! Maybe.

We always turn to her for recipes of this nature, and she is the co-pilot of this site. Becareful on who you ask for advice, Allie may be the one to give it to you!!:sh

Welcome to the site, tell us what you know, we only share true secrets in here when it comes to recipes.

Troy
:hug

I like parsely wine. It's actually great for blood circulation which is good for an old bloke like me.

But on those rare moments that I do run out of stock, I just make some wine tonic out of parsely:

* 10 to 12 large sprigs of parsley
* 1 quart of red or white wine
* 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
* 9 ounces of honey

"Combine ingredients in saucepan and boil for 10 minutes. Add the honey then stir until honey is mixed through. Strain the mixture and pour into bottles. Take 1 tablespoon , three times a day. "

Fruit Wines are of course the best. Nothing really beats their taste. :D

Latest posts

Back