Hello from Bowling Green KY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFC

Junior
Reaction score
Hi I am from Bowling Green KY. I have beeen makingwine for many years starting in the early 80's. I have made fruit wine's and grape wines from fruit but mostly enjoy making wine from kits. Love the hobby still learning

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sounds like you have a healthy wine cellar already.Which kits are you making?

Allie

Kits I'm making

I moved and was out of winemaking for a few years. I had three kits that I never had a chance to make left over from 2005. A cab limited edition from wine expert,syrah and Trio Blanc from wine expert . I made all 3 in late 2009, wasn't sure they would work out sitting around for 4 years, they were also moved from Indiana to oklahoma to Kentucky and in storage with my furniture for months at a time.

They came out great now aging getting better every month!!

So I got back into wine making heavy decided to catch up so I could get some wine aged. Have approximately 250 bottles aging now in addition to 3 five gallon carboys aging with a shiraz, Tannat and a Trio do Vinho Tinto,
I am making a Mosti Mondiale Meglioli syrah, and Brunello now, have a Mosti Mondiale Cabernet Sauvignon del Veneto to make next and a petite verdot to make.

Also have a strawberry Reisling making now

Welcome TFC! Sounds like you've already gotten back into the swing of things!

:b

Welcome here TFC, where do you get your wine making supplies and kits?

I purchase my supplies on line a number of different suppliers most recently The wine makers toy store

Welcome! Another bluegrasser!
Very interesting about the kits sitting around for 4 years... a different type of aging theory maybe? Age before you start LOL j/k glad to hear it came out well.

Welcome! Another bluegrasser!
Very interesting about the kits sitting around for 4 years... a different type of aging theory maybe? Age before you start LOL j/k glad to hear it came out well.

I would not recommend this stradegy. At first I was just going to dump them then luckily I thought I have nothing to lose. I did purchase new yeast to use with the kits was afraid the old yeast had expired.

The trio blanc is completely gone now drank every bottle the cab and syrah are still aging but I did try two bottles of cab the first was ok but needed aging the second I just tried was great. The syrah is getting better just recently tried one bottle Always taste every wine at bottling

I taste every one at bottling as well. Its funny how much they change through aging though. Seems the fruit ones that are really harsh at bottling are my favorite 6 months down the road. I think so far, my white grape raspberry from concentrate is my favorite.

Ahh...
Another reason to practice the 3 "P's"

It also always amazes me how much wine changes with age. I have some port wine that I made in 2002 it is wonderful now but I hate to drink it I only have 3 bottles left

One of the mistakes I made in 2002 was not to keep notes. I now keep notes on all my wines every step but I am not sure who's kit I made in 2002

Latest posts

Back