Hello from Black Forest, Colorado

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnOwl

Junior
Reaction score
I want to say hello to all of the forum participants. I received a wine making kit for Christmas and decided to try the RJ Spagnols Orange Chocolate Port for my first kit. It is amazing how much the fermenting must smells like my wife’s home made potato dough cinnamon rolls when they are rising. I guess yeast is yeast, as far as aroma goes. I will find out more as time progresses.

Wade E’s post on google was my first encounter with the site when I was searching for additional information on RJ Spagnols kits. I have spent several hours browsing the threads. It is time to join.

I live at 7560 feet on a few acres. I have been exploring the idea of planting a few vines to see what, if anything will survive here. I also want to buy some grapes from the western slope of Colorado. There are two different vineyards that sell their grapes to the public. Time will tell.

Thanks for a great site for me to learn.

BarnOwl aka Michael

Welcome Barnowl. I may not be on for most of tonight or tomorrow due to router problem. All the sudden this got is F***ng up so I may have to go get a new one. Im on my old desktop now as thats the only one thats working. NOT WIRELESS!

... Im on my old desktop now as thats the only one thats working. NOT WIRELESS!

LOL boy isn't wireless the next best thing to a great glass of wine? Our wireless router went bad one time and that was it for us. We bought two, I have one as a back up whenever the other goes bad.

Welcome Barnowl. This is a great place to be. You will find a lot of friendly people here that will back you feel right at home.

Julie

Welcome Barnowl. I may not be on for most of tonight or tomorrow due to router problem. All the sudden this got is F***ng up so I may have to go get a new one. Im on my old desktop now as thats the only one thats working. NOT WIRELESS!

Thanks Wade,
I am on my second router and my third wireless for my laptop. It gets banged around the country from time to time. But the new N routers have upto triple the range.
Good luck,

Welcome Barnowl/Michael:

Have making that Orange Choc Port. Hope your equipment kit came with a 3 US Gallon carboy because that is what that kit requires. Most equipment kits have a 5 or 6 US gallon carboy.

Steve

Back on track, in the midst of playing around today I must have reset my key on this thing and its been so long I kind of forgot how to reset it and really didnt think I had to. You will need a 3 gallon carboy for that kit like cp said.

Latest posts

Back