Hello from Auburn, Washington

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joedaddy

Reaction score
I have been making beer for several years but my wife and I just started making wine about 3 years ago. We made a few wine kits but we wanted more control of what kind of juice we were getting. So, 2 years ago we bought some pinot noir and chenin blanc grapes. The Pinot turned out OK but the Chenin Blanc was way too acidic. So we last year we joined the Boeing Employees Beer and Winemaking Club and took some classes from the experts. We bought zin, cab sauvegnion, syrah, and merlot through the club and so far we are really happy with the stuff we have in the carboys.

I have also been experimenting with fruit wines. I am not sure if I really like fruit wine that much but it is getting me a lot of experience in winemaking without having to wait for the yearly grape harvest. I have made small batches of strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, peach, apricot, cherry, carrot, rhubarb, methyglyn, honeydew, and pear.

I just converted my sparebedroom into a wine storage area and bought a portable air conditioner so I can continue to age my wines through the summer. I was looking for ideas on making some wine racks which led me to find this forum. I am sure I can find ideas as well as answers to many more of my questions here.

Joe
WELCOME. :dg
We have a very diverse group here so ASK away.

Hello and welcome. this is a really friendly site. Post often, ask questions and get to know us.

Hello Joe,

welcome to our little piece of the cyber world..

keep the questions coming, there are usually a few of us online to give you a hand, pretty much 24 hours a day here ( timezones!)

no question too big or small .. :p

Allie

Welcome to the forum. It is only 2 1/2 hour jump up 18 and across to Yakima from where you are. Preimo Grapes in the Yakima Valley

joedaddy

My name is actually Bill and my youngest son is Joe. But you guys are welcome to call me anything you want.

"Joedaddy" is a joke around our house.
Many of my kids complaints and questions are answered by me "Because I am joedaddy"

Greetings Bill, welcome to the forum, please consider taking a minute to put yourself on "The Map"
"Tha Map is a Googl map of evrything wine making or beer making to be around the world so adding yourself and any brew and wine supply stores or wineries to this map will help others to know if there is a place or friend near them. The link is below.
http://wineapp.michaelsouellette.com/

welcome

welcome Bill

i live about 1-1/2 hours away or two depends on the traffic
Cashmere Wa.
Joseph

Latest posts

Back