Hello from Alberta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene45

Junior
Reaction score
I have made wines from various fruits over a period of several years. Most recently I have used a white wine kit from concentrate, home grown concord type grapes and rose hips. All are drinkable, and am hoping to get some info on the rose hips to make it a bit 'gentler', if there is such a word.

Final clarification is also an issue. Looking forward to learning some secrets....,

1st Welcome
You found a group that can and will help you wiith all your wine making questions.

Hi and welcome. This is a really nice and helpful site. Please post often and let us get to know you. I'm a bit of a noob here myself but everyone is really friendly.

hello Gene and welcome..

I have posted a recipe for you on your rosehip query.. usually harshness is due to a wine being quite young.. however chopping into the seeds in the rosehip does impart some bitterness. try squashing them rather than chopping.

Allie

hello Gene and welcome..

I have posted a recipe for you on your rosehip query.. usually harshness is due to a wine being quite young.. however chopping into the seeds in the rosehip does impart some bitterness. try squashing them rather than chopping.

Allie

Thanks. I'm sure the process we used resulted in some broken seeds, so I will change that this year.

Latest posts

Back