Hello from a South Aussie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delldgm

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone

just to quickly introduce myself. I'm a South Australian who has just started her brewing journey. I'm a mum of 5 who lives on a small acreage. I turned to brewing this year as a way to deal with our fruit glut. I currently have 5 x 5ltr carboys on the go of different things and I foresee if any of them actually come out drinkable I may get very into this hobby lol. I look forward to picking all your brains for your guidance and experience. Off to post my first question Thanks

Dell

Welcome to wine making talk :),,,
A mum of five, ,,, my mum was doing brewing forty years ago too, (along with canning beans and freezing chickens), ,, and now I run her hardware. Brewing is a traditional way to preserve excess harvest and quite stable if it is formulated with 10% plus alcohol (a simple hydrometer measurement) and limited oxygen (air locks and glass bottles). ,, humm, what are you making?

Welcome to wine making talk :),,,
A mum of five, ,,, my mum was doing brewing forty years ago too, (along with canning beans and freezing chickens), ,, and now I run her hardware. Brewing is a traditional way to preserve excess harvest and quite stable if it is formulated with 10% plus alcohol (a simple hydrometer measurement) and limited oxygen (air locks and glass bottles). ,, humm, what are you making?
so far I've got 2 x 5 ltrs of plum wine on the go, 2 x 5ltrs of basic mead and 1 x spiced mead. and about to start on some apple cider. in between canning all the apples and making plum sauce.

I can wait till they are going to be ready but its gonna be a while lol

Dell

Back