Hello everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine Snob

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Michael Schaap and I'm generally from the HomeBrewTalk.com site (I am known as Beer Snob there... I know I really tried to be unique with my name here when registering :) ). I used to make some wine and started up again officially tonight. Made a rassberry wine using an old book I dug up. The Joy of Home Winemaking. Made many a gallons with her book before so thought to start er up again.

My wife reminded me of that she did not give me a xmas gift yet. So got a 3 gal tub at a resturant supply (starting to wonder just how air tight it is... hmmm.... ), some fruit, honey and dug out the wine making additives that I had stored away.

Anyways. I just thought to say hi.

Hi Michael the Snob ;)

Welcome back to the world of wine making.

The tub should be great for primary fermentation if its food grade plastic. Don't worry about the air tightness as its not important for primary. But do rack to a gallon jug or similar with an air lock after fermentation dies down.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Figured as much. The 'Michael the Snob' got me thinking to how on earth I chose it to begin with..... we were kinda going through a 'phase' over there (at homebrewtalk.com) :D People were changing their user names to something sounding more 'empire' kinda sounding... holly sounding you know. So I saw that everyone was trying to out do everyone and took a couple of days to figure out how to out do them all. I changed my name to "God" :D Well that did it and well after a month or so the names started to get back to more human names.... guess people got tired of it. Well I just could not figure out what to call myself..... it was my birthday and my wife brought me to this Rib place that I love. Well the waitress rambled off about a dozen beer names... I just looked at her and said "Jesus Christ.....don't you guys have any decent beer here?..... Diet Pepsi pls." She just looked at me wierd and walked away. Then I sat there and went... ah..... that'll do.

Back