Hello everyone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnM

Junior
Reaction score
Just want to take the time to try and greet everyone with my first post. I just got into making wine and as a matter of fact just started my fist batch with my new kit new years eve. I am making blackberry wine as I love black berries. Anyway I am sure I have a ton to learn so Ill be browsing the forum and probably asking a ton of questions!

Welcome to the forum, JohnM. I have never made blackberry wine but I have used backberries in many of my Italian reds. I enjoy the blackberry background that they give. I have a 15 gallon batch of Barolo enhanced with blackberries in bulk aging at present.

Welcome JohnM.

What blackberry kit are you making?

The kit I am using is the LD Carlson vintners best kit. I am using red star yeast in the yellow pack. As for the fruit I am just using blackberries that we bought frozen from the store and 10 pounds of sugar. They are in the primary until Jan. 14th. I am keeping it around 73 in the room. This is my first real wine I guess. I have made what everyone around here calls redneck wine, with fruit juice concentrate, 3 cups of sugar and regular active dry yeast in 1 gallon jugs but, that stuff doesn't taste very good. I really hope this wine comes out good or at least better than the concentrate stuff. I am planning a Honey Mead for my next project.

Latest posts

Back