Hello Everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cohenhouse77

Patience Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello Everyone from Dunnellon, Florida!

My name is Chris and I live in Dunnellon, Florida which is right outside of Ocala, and about an hour from Gainesville, Florida.

I found this forum while browsing apps on my android phone, and this evening is my first time visiting this site on my computer. I very proudly just finished bottling my first batch of Skeeter Pee, though there was not much left to bottle. Almost half was gone before I could get it that far. I just started this hobby at the beginning of this summer and could not have made it without this forum. I began with a single fruit kit, and now have expanded to carboys everywhere. I converted my garage a few years ago into a den, and it's a good thing!

In carboy, I currently have 6 gallons of Muscadine (Carlos, Fry, Dixie), 2 gallons of Muscadine infused Peach, 2 gallons of Muscadine infused Strawberry, 5 gallons of Blueberry - Blackberry - Raspberry, 6 gallons of Skeeter Pee which is ending up a variation of Dragon's Blood since I used the slurry from the three berry batch and it looks like I am going to add some of the wine to it too, and lastly, a one gallon batch of Grape Kool-aid. My boss's wife drinks nothing but Grape Kool-aid all day and doesn't like wine, so it is an experiment to see if we can make something she likes.

I am going to start a new Skeeter Pee this week because it so far has been a big hit, and I even messed it up!

I am really enjoying this community and if anyone is local to my area, let me know. You never know when having a fellow wine bug around may come in handy.

Here are pics of the finishing of my first batch and label.

2012-10-20_20-04-50_919.jpg

2012-10-20_20-04-23_522.jpg

2012-10-20_20-03-59_341.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Yeah, I have enhanced the coloring on my new labels so that the pictures are easier to see. They did turn out a little darker on the first batch. I am a jazz pianist, which is what all my friends know me and associate me with the most. Then I went and really cracked, and started making my own wine. Hence, Cracked Ivory.

My thoughts are, that I will maintain this label for all of my SP, and SP experimental flavors. Basically, all my utility wine. Then, we have a completely different label in mind for my other wines that are to be aged.

Good times!

Oh sure, just come right on here pasting beautiful labels and wonderful wine and think nothing of it!!!!!! LOL, glad to have you aboard and looks like you already have 3 feet in the door.

Welcome Chris! What a great job on those labels. You'll have to keep us posted on your future wine/label making ideas.

7 gallons of Blueberry bottled tonight. Best tasting stuff I have made yet. Wifey even likes it, and that's saying something!

ForumRunner_20121129_183430.png

ForumRunner_20121129_183444.jpg

I am finally actually at full capacity, so I figured some photos were in order. Here is my little corner of happy land.

For the time being, I am using my old entertainment centers to keep the carboys up off the ground, and my primary's off the cold floor. I have a wooden antique cabinet I'm using for materials and equipment I need to get my hands on fast, and a wooden chest I keep ingredients in, and more primary's on top of. Then there is my mini fridge full of yeast, chilled wines, and slurrys. My wine rack is half empty after the holidays, but will be restocked here soon.

DSC05066s.jpg

DSC05067s.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

Hey Chris, I am a first timer and live very close to you (Ocala). Would be great to keep in touch to share success and failures or even recipes. May have to be patient as I am several bottles behind you... But, yes, my new obsession...

Impressive collection of carboys. I only have 7 so far. Need to get more to feed my obsession. LOL. Nice wine room also. BBakervinyard

Very nice Chris! Just made my first batch of Sangue di Drago, a few variations. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back