Hello Everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mico1984

Hello everyone!
Reaction score
Just wanted to say HI to everyone in the forum. I've been reading and doing some research to better understand the wine making process at home. I am just waiting for some supplies to make my very first batch so wish me GOOD LUCK!

1st, I will try the white zinfandel kit I bought online. 2nd me and my girl want to make strawberry wine (she's from PA and her family makes it in the basement) I am really curious as of what it would be like doing it ourselves:rolleyes:

Best wishes of luck to you. btw what kind of wine will you be making?

Some pics of my first batch

I have not done this before so lets see if it works!
DSCN4209.jpg

DSCN4212.jpg

DSCN4220.jpg

DSCN4221.jpg

]

Last edited:
Man you are a daredevil !!!!!

When I see that nice carpet and that bucket full of red wine
I am waiting for an accident to happen. :eek:

Please be carefull.

Otherwise your girlfriend might be more reluctant
about your winemaking adventures.

Besides that: strawberries rule !!!!!

Luc

LUC, at least he's in Florida, when she kicks him out for spilling it on that nice carpet, he will still be able to make it outside!!! LOL:)

I would be willing to bet a fiver that he did not transfer that into the carboy while on the carpet. I'm just sayin

Mike D

I would be very careful degassing your wine there and actually i would not even think of it!!!!!!! here is a picture of what could very easily happen and there is no stopping it once it starts the RISE!!!!!!
Volcano.jpg

Hey Mike, even if he did I bet the lil lady was at work:D
Troy
(ps, so should we call you Mike or Tex, Tex sounds more funner for me.)

I did degassed yesterday but no accidents. Brave move on my part I guess... first timer so I had no idea it could go so bad!!!

Mico,

Not only when degassing things can go wrong.
Even when fermenting bad things can happen:

Foto-IBLAPVRU-D.jpg

So when I just have transferred a batch to a secondary I always
put the carboy in a tray and put a plastic bag over the airlock so if it starts to foam it will not spit all over the place :D

Foto-6YWPPOWK-D.jpg

Just for the first few days, afther that it will be ok.

Luc

Latest posts

Back