Hello all! :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handy Turnip

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at all the handy tips on this site for the past few weeks (and possibly months!) so I thought it was only polite if I join and introduce myself!

With lockdown originally hitting us in the UK in March, I thought I'd try my hand at a bit of wine making and have done various kits in that time. With the exception of my first batch, it's been an overwhelming success and friends/family have been very impressed with the wines I've been producing.

So what I've done so far:
1) Youngs Wine Buddy Pinot Gringo - tried a cheap 7 day kit to start with. It gave me lots of confidence in the process but the results weren't the best! 6 months after bottling it's softening a little, but still not particularly good.
2) Winexpert Eclipse New Zealand Sav Blanc - decided to go from cheap to expensive, and the results were great. Really impressed with this range.
3) Winexpert Classic Chilean Sav Blanc - it's the cheaper end of the winexpert range but the results were still really good, in fact I lot of people prefer this to the NZ SB.
4) Winexpert Reserve California Sav Blanc - only been bottled a few weeks so a little early to tell but the signs are promising.
5) Winexpert Private Reserve NZ SB - thought I'd give this another go, it's currently in the carboy. This time I only used one of the yeasts (K-V1116) - one of the tips picked up here, so thank you! Also it had a cooler ferment than the first one which was done in the heat of summer so hopefully that'll help too!

Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful tips and advice!!

Latest posts

Back