Hello All

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostHawk

Reaction score
I am new to Wine Making. I have currently perchased all my equipment and plan on making my first batch soon here.

My name is Chuck. I am a Husband, Father, Falconer, Photographer and hopefully soon to be a decent wine maker.

Welcome, :try
Yea I 2nd that remark. What are you making and do you have a local supplier.
ASK here 1st BEFORE you do anything if you are not sure you understand the directions.
What was in the equipment kit?
Make sure you know how to read the hydrometer.

hello and welcome to the forum Chuck,

love to see some falcon photo's please

Allie

Thanks Guys,

I am from Colorado and I dont have a local supplier so I have to do it online. I went to wine makers depot and got the ultimate kit with glass with 2 extra carboys and the fixings. I think ill go with the Blueberry recipie first as that is an easy fruit to get a hold of now. Soon as summer gets into full swing and I can get a hold of peaches for a good price I really want to try that. I had the good fortune of having a bottle of home made peach wine last summer and to be honest, It was almost better than sex. lol

Chuck

Well, wine making is a whole lot easier than all the other things you are, so you should do just fine.

Welcome.

Well, wine making is a whole lot easier than all the other things you are, so you should do just fine.

Welcome.

Thanks Robbie, You make it sound easy then. I figure good records and I should be just fine.

Falconer Huh, now thats very interesting! I too would like to see some pics of our falcons!

Wade,
With all the talk about OLD cars maybe he likes the Ford Falcon (falconer) LOL

All the supplies for the ingredients showed up today fed ex. Yeast and all. I went to the store and picked up 25 pounds of blackberries so Ill get started tonight. Guess I should start a thread in another section as to keep updates and an off site record.

yes, thats the best bay to do it so that you can use it to research it in the future if needed and it also help us keep up with it. How big of a batch are you doing. The recommended lbs per gallon for most on this is 6 per gallon or more.

I am definitely on board to see some pictures. Birds of prey are awesome!

Rod

Yeah, we have a Bald eagle reserve about 3 miles away from where I work and after work sometimes I go up there and check them out.

yes, thats the best bay to do it so that you can use it to research it in the future if needed and it also help us keep up with it. How big of a batch are you doing. The recommended lbs per gallon for most on this is 6 per gallon or more.

Wade, I am doing a 5 gallon batch. I had it broke down by the gallon. With the black berry in my original recipie it didnt call for tannin but I still gave the 5 gal batch a teaspoon. Ill start my new thread on it soon.

Wow! What a beautiful bird!
Welcome this friendly and knowledgeable site.

Very cool picture. Our local newspaper had an article and picture of two Eagles mating today. They were doing their ritual in the air but as they came down instead of splitting up they land on a side walk in a small town about ten miles from my house and kept it up for another hour. The game Commission came and tried to split them up as it was drawing a large crowd but they would not split. Finally after an hour they finally did split up and left.

Thought I'd share the article as it is hard to believe.

Courting eagles crash onto Albion sidewalk
Birds do it. Bees do it. But these bald eagles, tangled on the sidewalk in front of Lynn Kiedaisch's house in Albion, made no effort to hide their affection Wednesday.

Mating eagles perform an elaborate midair courtship dance, locking talons and twisting as they drop. They separate just before they reach the ground.

This pair stayed together. They spent nearly an hour on Pearl Street in Albion on Wednesday afternoon.

That drew a crowd.

"They were so beautiful," said Kiedaisch, who took the above photo. "And they weren't afraid at all. They just moved their heads around a little bit."

A Pennsylvania Game Commission officer tried to slip a control noose around the birds' necks, Kiedaisch said. It didn't work.

Bald eagles are still a threatened species in the state, but their numbers are up: About 100 pairs are known to be nesting in the state.

This pair just might add to that. They quickly shook off a blanket, separated and flew off.

Eagles.jpg

Latest posts

Back