Hello again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas3019

Reaction score
I'm about to be back into winemaking and I'm so excited! I had to give up the hobby when I moved to NYC two years ago...small apartments and wine making just don't mix. But in a few weeks I'll be moving down to Atlanta and will be back in the swing of things. So of course I sign back in here this morning and see all the familiar names and threads. It feels almost like a family reunion.

I've been researching stores in Atlanta and really hoping I can get my hands on some California juice. If not, I'm about to start looking up which kit I'll start with. And definitely going to learn from my past mistakes. Mistake Number 1? Waiting too long to get a floor corker.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again. Cheers!
Jason

Mistake Number 1? Waiting too long to get a floor corker.
Well, I'm relatively new here, but I am happy to be the first to welcome you back. I've learned a lot here too. I was lucky that the wine-making equipment I inherited included a floor corker, and I never had to endure hand-corking a single batch of wine. If you think waiting too long for that was a mistake, I highly recommend an All-In-One vacuum pump. A fair bit more pricey than a floor corker, but if you can afford it, I suspect it would make it onto your list as number 2. I haven't heard a single report of someone buying one that regretted it.

Thank you! And that would've crushed me if I had an AIO and had to give it up before. Unfortunately to start, I'll just be in an apartment doing one batch at a time. All bets are off once we purchase a house.

Jason, good to see you back!

Funny about wine making, one always seems to come back to it. When I was a kid in the late 40's and early 50's I was involved (mostly as a slave) when my father, grandfather and uncles made wine. I got away from it, later met my future wife whose father was an outstanding winemaker and that got me back into it. Moved from Pittsburgh to Dayton and gave it up (house was on a slab). Moved from Dayton to Rochester, NY and took it up again. Lived across the street from a Vineyard and the owner was my building contractor. Moved to Columbus and gave it up and then got interested again when my daughter requested I make her some Cherry wine. That started and avalanche. Here I am today, fully immersed in the pastime and having a ball. I don't see any avenue that would lead me away again.

Welcome back!

[Spent the first 32 of my 76 years living and working in NYC. Don't think I could ever move back there. :(]

I'm about to be back into winemaking and I'm so excited! I had to give up the hobby when I moved to NYC two years ago...small apartments and wine making just don't mix. But in a few weeks I'll be moving down to Atlanta and will be back in the swing of things. So of course I sign back in here this morning and see all the familiar names and threads. It feels almost like a family reunion.

I've been researching stores in Atlanta and really hoping I can get my hands on some California juice. If not, I'm about to start looking up which kit I'll start with. And definitely going to learn from my past mistakes. Mistake Number 1? Waiting too long to get a floor corker.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again. Cheers!
Jason
Hi Jason, this is Dizzy from Ohio. I am new to the site since you were on, but I wanted to shout out a WELCOME BACK!............................Dizzy

Thank you! And that would've crushed me if I had an AIO and had to give it up before. Unfortunately to start, I'll just be in an apartment doing one batch at a time. All bets are off once we purchase a house.
The AIO is so small that I am sure it would take up no space at all in your new apt., and it will make the racking and bottling so'o'o much easier (even if you are only doing one batch at a time). Something to entertain?.........................................Dizzy

Latest posts

Back