Hedgerow Fruit map

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luc

Dutch Winemaker
Reaction score
Many of you have looked at the map on this forum where you can find wineries etc.

A Dutch guy and my good friend Bob Morton (known as lockwood to many of you) both have made a similar map on his web-page.

This map is not for locating wineries, but for locating hedgerow fruit.

A map where winemakers share their locations for free picking fruit along the roaside and in public accessible properties.

I did a story on it on my web-log.
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2010/08/wijnmakers-schatkaart-winemakers.html

However if you want to surf directly to Bob's page look here:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/html/hedgerow.html

Maybe an idea for here to, as this forum is mainly US oriented.

Luc

Hmmmmmmm Hedgerow fruit. I wonder if that means I can make wine out of Hedge apples/ Osage Orange?
Brad

That's kinda like telling someone where your favorite fishing hole is, and that's a definite no, at least where I live - of course winemakers are perhaps a little more sharing!

That's kinda like telling someone where your favorite fishing hole is, and that's a definite no, at least where I live - of course winemakers are perhaps a little more sharing!

Winemakers are a different breed. Listen to Doug from Pittsburgh talking about picking berries everyday and sharing with other folks where to get them. The wineries in my area get together every month to talk about whats working well for them or if one has an issue they brainstorm together and figure it out. They even share their equipment with each other during breakdowns. Wine makers are the best!

yeah, i agree with the fishin hole thing...just found a grove of persimmons last night...was worried i wouldn't have enough with my 2-3 trees. now i'm not worried, lol

Latest posts

Back