Heat Damage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yppaul

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sadly during a 5 day holiday my aircon broke down and the temperatures in the wine room reached 90F.

I opened a few bottles and the wine aroma has clearly decreased and after drinking a glass there is an off taste that is left in the mouth.

is there anything I can do to save the wine or is it all a write-off?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Hello everyone,

Sadly during a 5 day holiday my aircon broke down and the temperatures in the wine room reached 90F.

I opened a few bottles and the wine aroma has clearly decreased and after drinking a glass there is an off taste that is left in the mouth.

Sorry to hear. That's my nightmare.

IMG_1317.jpg

I'm completely vulnerable to the climate. I can't control much of any of the variables. I try and keep track of the better stuff for giving away or thank you's. The rest might not blow my hair back, but it is still better then the cheap stuff I would otherwise buy.

Bottom Line: Lower your expectations. :D

Hello everyone,

For how long did the wine remain in the 90F temperature?

Yppaul,

For how long did the wine remain in the 90F temperature?

Latest posts

Back