Other Headspace

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkcloud63

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, I’m going to be bottling this weekend and have a question about headspace between the cork and the liquid. I have been told to fill the bottle all the way to the top with the bottle filler inside then remove the filler and this will give me the correct spacing? On one thread it tells you to leave 3/4 of space and another one said 2-3 inches. I’m confused. Help please.
Thanks

Hello, I’m going to be bottling this weekend and have a question about headspace between the cork and the liquid. I have been told to fill the bottle all the way to the top with the bottle filler inside then remove the filler and this will give me the correct spacing? On one thread it tells you to leave 3/4 of space and another one said 2-3 inches. I’m confused. Help please.
Thanks
3/4” is the right space to leave, or roughly the diameter of the cork. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but get as close as you can.

Thanks
The key is to make sure the filler is set up correctly to give you a correct and consistent fill. A lot of the fillers I have used were inconsistent in their fill.

Latest posts

Back