Head space eliminator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
would you use the headspace eliminator in secondary or wait until after fermentation is over? I have a pear wine in secondary and it is at 1.000. Has a little bit of headspace and wondering if I should use the head space eliminator now on it. I’ll add some more from the gal jug when it clears a little more.
965B8FBC-4BB2-4752-880F-0F3CEBAEC083.jpeg

* be aware that a head space eliminator slowly leaks, there is a number on the insert as 4 weeks. To use for long term it needs to be repumped before the suction bulb deflates, , as every week.
* you are on the first racking therefore the wine is generating CO2. You can let it like this for the month.

would you use the headspace eliminator in secondary or wait until after fermentation is over? I have a pear wine in secondary and it is at 1.000. Has a little bit of headspace and wondering if I should use the head space eliminator now on it. I’ll add some more from the gal jug when it clears a little more.
View attachment 66266

It holds it vacuum for a long time - no issues.
The issue I see is you are still producing CO2 and there is nowhere fir the gas to escape with the headspace elimators in it.
I would put an airlock on it , until fermentation is completed

Latest posts

Back