Have you made a Suisun Valley Petite Sirah?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done two PS from Lanza Vineyards in Suisun. Both are excellent, but as @NorCal mentioned, tannin heavy. I kinda like that though. ;)

I've done two PS from Lanza Vineyards in Suisun. Both are excellent, but as @NorCal mentioned, tannin heavy. I kinda like that though. ;)
I'm guessing that is why @jgmann67 wanted to try a blend (he did a 50/50 Lanza PS and Lanza Zin) I think it's way too young (9-2016) though I might try a taster, but as I remember my last taste it was very tannin "rich", even blended. The nice thing is I would think it should be able to age for quite some time, with all those tannins and everything...

I press early to try and tame my PS and new barrel it. I did buy a bottle of the Caymus to compare. I’m not thinking it will be much of a comparison, but it’ll be fun drinking. :dg

I did a Lanza Zin 85% Lanza Petite Syrah 15% and the did a Lanza cab 85 Lanza Petite Syrah 15%. Both turned out great. I’m saving what I have. It will hit the 2 year mark in October. But had been really good.

Latest posts

Back