Have a good laugh on me!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
Today I worked a half a day on my SIL's roof. We had to call in for a am inspection Monday.
So I figured I would work till noon and then hit the blackberry patch just down the road from his house.
I parked my motorcycle out by the main road on a small turn off that headed into a power substation. I was very visible wearing a white tee shirt while I picked berries in the really grown up road right of way.
Well, somebody call the law on me.
In about 45 minutes a deputy showed up and just simply asked what the H*** I was doing.
I simply told him picking blackberries and trying not to bleed to death.
When he saw the bag of berries in my hand, he just shook his head and said I'll let you get back to what you were doing.
I told him I was glad somebody was worried about me.

I was not far from quiting when he pulled up. I picked about another 20 minutes and left. In about an 1 1/2 hours ended up with a "couldn't put another berry in it" gallon sized ziplock bag.
Using my "big butt on the bathroom scales" method, the bag full holds 6 pounds.

LOL! awsome! im glad u got ur berries and love how u weight em LOL! to funny! glad the cop didnt make u leave :D

I wonder if the person who squeeled was worried that you were a terrorist plotting a heinous act at the power substation? And here you are....... a harmless berry-picker in a t-shirt. Probably a big letdown for the officer who was pumped up on testosterone and had visions of foiling the next big terrorist attack, making the national news while holding you like a trophy marlin in front of the cameras. Maybe next time.

Maybe it was another berry picker hoping the law would kick you out so they could ravage your area!

Of course, I'm a alcohol producing terrorist. First I have to ferment the berries to make enough wine to get up my courage, then I screw up and not listen to the pro's here, and I make a bunch of "BOTTLE BOMBS"!
What would he have said if he saw me 6 months ago before I cut my hair. It was almost to my waist????

I figure it was someone getting tired of me getting into the berries. I've got to the point if I can pick a patch two times before the vultures move in, I'm happy.
It's Saturday morning and I'm about to take off looking for some fresh pickings. I really hope to have 10 gallons going before my yard berries get started.

Of course, I'm a alcohol producing terrorist. First I have to ferment the berries to make enough wine to get up my courage, then I screw up and not listen to the pro's here, and I make a bunch of "BOTTLE BOMBS"!
What would he have said if he saw me 6 months ago before I cut my hair. It was almost to my waist????

I figure it was someone getting tired of me getting into the berries. I've got to the point if I can pick a patch two times before the vultures move in, I'm happy.
It's Saturday morning and I'm about to take off looking for some fresh pickings. I really hope to have 10 gallons going before my yard berries get started.

I'm going through a period of conflict. A local guy wants me to spray his pasture to kill the blackberries. Out of approx 300 ac, there are roughly 80 ac of wild blackberries.

I'm thinking of picking as much as I can before I spray them out. The good news is that there are a lot of edges to pick from without having to wade into anything prickly.

I'm going through a period of conflict. A local guy wants me to spray his pasture to kill the blackberries. Out of approx 300 ac, there are roughly 80 ac of wild blackberries.

I'm thinking of picking as much as I can before I spray them out. The good news is that there are a lot of edges to pick from without having to wade into anything prickly.

Hey, leave me out of this!

Wow, 80 acres would be incredible. If there are berries there, maybe you could pick them over and get a really good amount before you spray them. What are you going to use to spray them? I'm an old farmer from way back and can't even imagine the amount of Paraquat I've used when it was legal and Roundup the same way.
I'm looking every where I can to find them growing on the fencelines on road sides.
The place they checked on me was on a spot that I thing might be a very wide road right of way they haven't used yet. The road is only two lane, but has the space to four lane it.

Wow, 80 acres would be incredible. If there are berries there, maybe you could pick them over and get a really good amount before you spray them. What are you going to use to spray them? I'm an old farmer from way back and can't even imagine the amount of Paraquat I've used when it was legal and Roundup the same way.
I'm looking every where I can to find them growing on the fencelines on road sides.
The place they checked on me was on a spot that I thing might be a very wide road right of way they haven't used yet. The road is only two lane, but has the space to four lane it.

"Surmount" is the spray ...

Latest posts

Back