Has anyone used this filter system?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that one but I have something similiar that works just fine which costs about $40 at fine vine wines. Heres a pic.

Filtering.jpg

Ahh sweet. Maybe that's what I'll do.

Do you always gravity filter? Only way to do it with the vinbrite?

I would imagine with the filter pads you could use the vacum set on low, I havent used it like that yet and actually havent filtered anything in some time as most of my wines sit for quite some time now and they are usually crystal clear at that point.

I would imagine with the filter pads you could use the vacum set on low, I havent used it like that yet and actually havent filtered anything in some time as most of my wines sit for quite some time now and they are usually crystal clear at that point.

After you rack do you fill the bottom with marbles or anything to keep the head space at a minimum? That seems better than buying a bottle to top up or adding water.

I almost never need anything to top up but if I did I would use a like wine but marbles would work. Id put them in a fermentin g bag with the bag in the carboy and then add them so that the marbles dont go sinking to the bottom and possibly crack the carboy.

I have the same filter. Works nice if you have let the wine sit a couple months first.
The best way to clear (grape) wine is time and use the filter to polish it a bit before bottling.

Jdammer - this type of filter system is very common here - goes under the brand of Eurofilter - I've been using one for about 12 years now.

Grant Dugger,

I think I'm going to go with the one that I posted. The gravity one looks good, but I have an aspirator so I might as well one that uses forced fluid.

Latest posts

Back