Harford Winery Fall 2016 Harvest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Looking forward to another round of great grapes from Kevin and Teresa this year. Like last year, I've ordered all Lanza grapes and have high expectations, based on what the 2015's are like.

Who else is planning a trek to Harford? I'm trying to make the run on a Friday again, but would consider a Sunday if there are several members who want to meet up. Saturdays are tough, as I have little league games to deal with.

You work out the details with @jgmann67 , we plan on meeting up and making the trip together. He travels a lot for his line of work, so I can't speak for him.

I'll probably have to go a week earlier for juice buckets I've ordered for my two brothers and my bride, since I think the Lanza grapes usually come in a week later on average than the buckets.

Sunday's are tough for me, but Friday or Saturday are good, and I'm willing to take a day off for grapes since it is up pretty high on my priority list. As I remember you are going in with your Dad, so we'd have to work around that too ( since most retired folks are more busy than us 9 to 5'ers ).

Your buckets are typically fine in the <40F walk in for a week.

Yep. Planning to do the trek with Craig. I've got 3 lugs of Lanza Petite Sirah coming. Picked up my 20 gal Brute for transport. Need to study and do what I'm told by those who know better.

Picked up some fresh KMS and am thinking on yeasts,etc.

Does anyone know when Harford is getting California grapes and juice?

I think from the last email I got from them:

California juices should be ordered in a timely manner as well. We expect to start receiving shipments by mid-September.

I sometimes think they really don't know...

I have an order through Harford this year again, but the juice I have ordered is from Italy for a change. It won't be in until October. At least that the time frame I was given.

Just got an email that California juice is ready for pick up starting 9/15/16 and grapes are coming later.

Heather, read the email closer.
------

Grapes
All California Central Valley & Lodi Grapes ordered by September 12th will be on this delivery except Malbec and Mourvedre.
Other grape varietals on this delivery include:
Lanza Suisun Valley
Zinfandel
Lodi (Clement Hills AVA) Caterina Label
Barbera
Chardonnay
Grenache
------
Which means all of my stuff came in this delivery, but @jgmann 's will come later. Go figure.

I have only my Zin to pick up now, with the rest coming later. :ft

Need to confirm with the boss (wife) and partner in crime (Dad), but thinking I'll head up at O'Dark Thirty Saturday morning to get the Zin.

Dad's coming over to bottle the 2015's on Sunday. Looks like my Friday night will be spent cleaning and organizing the winery.

Last edited:
I unfortunately have to attend a funeral Saturday morning, so I just emailed my older brother to see what day I can hand off the buckets I ordered for him (he drives down from the State College area). I am leaning towards Friday morning, if not it will either be Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon, depends on his schedule.

OK, confirmed. I'll be up there around 8:30 or 9:00am Saturday. I'll be back up again, when the rest of the Lanza grapes (hopefully all at once) come in.

Now it looks as though I'll skip Church and go Sunday morning. I ordered two buckets for my older brother and he can't meet on Friday, I can't meet on Saturday, so Sunday is the only option at this point.

Arrrrg. My Muscat Canelli juice is delayed. So I will not be going this week. Teresa thinks my grapes and juice may arrive on the next delivery. We shall see.

Latest posts

Back