Harford Vineyard - Estimated Grape Arrivals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised there isn't anything on new grape arrivals.

I took all of your grapes, every single one of them. They call me the grape grinch...I built a pool bigger than yours and have been punching them down for days! Haaa ha ha ha aha ha ha...

I'd email them, they usually respond pretty quickly, just be nice.

Heard this song and reminded me of all the Harford customers not getting their grape fix. https://youtu.be/MtN1YnoL46Q

(To spare you 3 minutes of your life it's just a popular kid's YouTube video with a duck insistingly asking a dude for grapes. Spoiler: he gets a grape at the end)

Sidenote: getting my grapes almost 3 weeks ago makes me skeptical. Thinking they were harvested early to get a jump on the market- not harvested for optimal balance and quality.

Surprised there isn't anything on new grape arrivals.

I'm a little upset (though I realize you can't control harvest). I have to burn a vacay day by the 30th, so Friday was it for me. Thought it'd work out perfectly. Too bad the Nats don't have a day game...

Last edited:
I took all of your grapes, every single one of them. They call me the grape grinch...I built a pool bigger than yours and have been punching them down for days! Haaa ha ha ha aha ha ha...

I KNEW it!!!!

As long as I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten any notices (whic

(Delete this post - my dog hit send while I was typing)

Last edited:

I KNEW it!!!!

As long as I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten any notices (which has happened but I think we have it figured out), I'll let them be. I'm sure they have their hands full.

There's always the beach... [emoji41]

True. I'll be driving up to MD anyway - have to pick up my C/D which has been in since last week. Fortunately, less than half as far as Harford.

I know what's going to happen. We'll get a notice today saying grapes come in tomorrow and are available beginning Saturday.

Just got word - new delivery in. Looks like my Lanza Malbec and Merlot were on it. Now that I've rearranged my day Friday, I'm thinking about Sunday. But I need to convince the wife first. Anyone going up this weekend?

Just got word - new delivery in. Looks like my Lanza Malbec and Merlot were on it. Now that I've rearranged my day Friday, I'm thinking about Sunday. But I need to convince the wife first. Anyone going up this weekend?

My Cab and Merlot are in, too. Sunday sounds like a plan for me. I can scoot a little later in the morning if Craig wanted to go along for the ride, too.

I'll also bring some bottles for some bottle swapping if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I hope we get time to look around a bit, but I doubt it. Fly in Thursday night, graduation Friday, fly out Friday night or early Saturday morning depending on the available flights. At least it shouldn't be extremely hot!

Craig,

I was in San Antonio 10 years - if you get any time, here are a couple great places to eat/drink where we went as locals:
-Augie's Barbed Wire Grill on St. Mary's (BBQ and beer; if you see him, tell him the Daltons sent you)
-Chacho's for drinks and breakfast tacos (delish)
-Chris Madrid's (burgers)
-The Cove (live music, beergarden, local food)
-Rosario's (Modern Mexican with great margaritas)
-Guenther House (brunch; in the King William Historic District at the Pioneer Flour Mill)

Hope you find some good flights! Southwest is what I usually take.
There are lots of things to do in the new developments in Southtown and Pearl Brewery. The Riverwalk is lovely and totally worth experiencing - be aware that things are a bit more expensive there and not necessarily the best examples of the food of the city.

My Cab and Merlot are in, too. Sunday sounds like a plan for me. I can scoot a little later in the morning if Craig wanted to go along for the ride, too.

I'll also bring some bottles for some bottle swapping if anyone is interested.

I'm a go for Sunday. Will be there earlier though - probably 9-ish.

I just got off the phone with the folks at Harford. They believe that the PV grapes I ordered will be in the next batch and asked if I wanted to hold off on pick up until mid week so that I could get all three grapes at once and avoid the added costs. I asked if there is any downside to waiting for pick up and he said, no. The grapes will be fine, he said.

So, I guess I'm not going down this weekend after all.

My yeast and MLB have been in the freezer since purchase. As soon as I get the msg from Harford that my grapes are in, I'll pull them out and let them warm up. Primary fermenters are sanitized and ready to go. Bucket press is built. All additives are in stock. Wine room is clean. Even did a test to see if all three primaries will fit in the back of the CR-V.

What am I forgetting?

Back