Hard Orange

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevA

Praying this ferments
Reaction score
Hi,
I know that it is possible to make a hard lemonade and that orange soda (orangeade is a thing) - has anyone ever made hard orange?

Interesting, my SP is usually about 10-12 % ABV, so not thinking about hard lemonade as a cider as much as a very drinkable wine. The thing about lemonade is that lemon juice is very drinkable when made into a wine (because we ADD sweetness?) but orange juice sans sweetness is not very pleasant (adding sweetness does not seem (to me) to bring it back to the same place). For me orange wine is always better with LESS juice and (and so some water) AND with the zest from the peel so it is more like a limoncello than like a lemonade.

Interesting, my SP is usually about 10-12 % ABV, so not thinking about hard lemonade as a cider as much as a very drinkable wine. The thing about lemonade is that lemon juice is very drinkable when made into a wine (because we ADD sweetness?) but orange juice sans sweetness is not very pleasant (adding sweetness does not seem (to me) to bring it back to the same place). For me orange wine is always better with LESS juice and (and so some water) AND with the zest from the peel so it is more like a limoncello than like a lemonade.
Makes sense.

Latest posts

Back