Happy Thanksgiving!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving to all an looking forward to a great holiday season for all of us,as always (think outside the box)

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Mother in law is here and the kids will be home this afternoon to celebrate the last holiday in the Mannsion. We move to temporary housing over the weekend.

Traditional Thanksgiving dinner in store. We’ll be sharing a Luna Chard, French Rose, Brunello and a Pinot Noir with dinner tonight.

The kids are touting this new-fangled stuff called "mayonnaise" as a way to get a great sear on meat: https://skillet.lifehacker.com/you-can-use-mayonnaise-to-sear-a-steak-1834218246 . Once you think about what is actually *in* mayonnaise, it makes sense: mostly oil and egg. Who wouldn't want that on their steak?

Our dear guest has been prodding me to try the mayo thing sometime. We're having rack of lamb for Thanksgiving, and I had been planning to marinate it in EVOO/garlic/thyme/rosemary, sooo... epiphany. I made an mayo/aioli hybrid, with lots of thyme and rosemary too. (Easy way to make mayo: )

I just slathered the aioli all over the rack. This is actually easier than the marinade I was planning, as I won't need to put it all in a ziploc bag and turn every hour or so. I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back