Happy Thanksgiving!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just slathered the aioli all over the rack. This is actually easier than the marinade I was planning, as I won't need to put it all in a ziploc bag and turn every hour or so. I'll let you know how it goes!

I said I would report on the results. I would say that it was very good, but not great. The aioli provided lovely flavors and fats in the right places. However, I think it slowed the browning/rendering/crisping just a tetch too much. Still yummy though. The meal was rounded out by green beans with walnuts and gorgonzola dolce, braised fennel, and mushroom/artichoke risotto. Our guest showed off by making madeleines and creme brulee.

DSCN3472.jpg DSCN3474.jpg DSCN3477.jpg DSCN3479.jpg

Looks good, Paul!

I tried the mayo treatment on a Tri Tip a while back. That was the one and only time I used it. Like your lamb, the Tri Tip was good, but not great - felt I get a better sear without it.

I am certainly going to try the mayo trick on a steak or something that I actually sear in a pan, rather than high-temp roast.

Last night for the leftover lamb chops (I know, I was surprised too!), I found a good way to reheat them. I used the aioli to make a roux, well, maybe more like beurre manié than roux. I then ladled in some ho-made chicken stock and a little lemon juice to make a bright, rich, savory sauce. This allowed me to gently reheat the rare lamb chops.

Back